Today, December 1, is World AIDS Day, and to recognize the global impact of AIDS, mikel.org is participating in Link and Think. Whether or not your life has been touched by AIDS (and I’d find it hard to believe it hasn’t), we should remember that notwithstanding any advances in treatment over the last few years, AIDS is still a major problem – a plague in Africa – that deserves prompt attention. The following are a few links to sites that might be of interest today and the rest of the year.
- My Day Without Weblogs page from last year.
- COCQ-Sida: “COCQ-Sida is a coalition of 35 Quebec community organizations involved in the fight against AIDS. We act as the voice of these groups both within the province and across Canada. Our mandate is to represent member organizations and thereby promote co-ordinated action in areas of shared interest.”
- The Farha Foundation, Quebec’s leading AIDS fundraising organization.
- The Center for AIDS Services of Montreal (Women)
- The Canadian AIDS Society/Société canadienne du sida
- Centre sida McGill/McGill AIDS Center
- sida-vie in Laval (a suburb north of Montreal)