: I have been working on a substantial redesign for this site, using code that will validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional with valid CSS as well. Both the HTML and the CSS validate pretty well. And it looks just as I want it to in Mac IE 5.1.3 and Netscape 6.2.1. Trouble is in Win IE 5.5, it looks like hell. The right margin isn’t being respected, so the links div is superimposed on the main text area. I have checked both Eric Costello‘s and Owen Briggs‘ sites for a leg up, but to no avail. Any assistance will be rewarded with everlasting appreciation and respect!
Today, December 1, is World AIDS Day, and to recognize the global impact of AIDS, mikel.org is participating in Link and Think. Whether or not your life has been touched by AIDS (and I’d find it hard to believe it hasn’t), we should remember that notwithstanding any advances in treatment over the last few years, AIDS is still a major problem – a plague in Africa – that deserves prompt attention. The following are a few links to sites that might be of interest today and the rest of the year.
- My Day Without Weblogs page from last year.
- COCQ-Sida: “COCQ-Sida is a coalition of 35 Quebec community organizations involved in the fight against AIDS. We act as the voice of these groups both within the province and across Canada. Our mandate is to represent member organizations and thereby promote co-ordinated action in areas of shared interest.”
- The Farha Foundation, Quebec’s leading AIDS fundraising organization.
- The Center for AIDS Services of Montreal (Women)
- The Canadian AIDS Society/Société canadienne du sida
- Centre sida McGill/McGill AIDS Center
- sida-vie in Laval (a suburb north of Montreal)
: A site called webArchivist.org is spearheading an effort to properly archive sites that featured commentary or links about the attacks of September 11.
We are asking for volunteers to help us identify any web sites or pages that have information or content about the Sep11 Attack. We are especially interested in finding sites by individuals — that record their feelings, experiences or opinions. We are also especially interested in finding non-American sites.